Share-PSI 2.0 Thematic Network, 2014 - 2016
Shared Standards for Open Data and Public Sector Information, 2014-2016
financed by the European Commission, CIP-Thematic Network, 2014-2016, GA Number 621012
Share-PSI 2.0 Thematic Network brings together a critical mass of government agencies and organisations responsible for implementing the new European Directive on the Public Sector Information. Lead by the W3C, the consortium includes the Open Group and Open Geospatial Consortium as fellow standards bodies plus the PSI Alliance , Open Knowledge Foundation, Open Data Institute and PwC as the primary contractor in the ISA Programme‘s work on interoperability.
Share-PSI 2.0 organised a series of workshops throughout 2014 and 2015, each focusing on a different aspect of public sector information.
- Uses of open data within government for innovation and efficiency, Samos, 30 June to 1 July, 2014.
- Encouraging commercial use of open data, Lisbon 3 to 4 December, 2014.
- Open Data Priorities and Engagement, Timişoara: 16 to 17 March, 2015.
- A self sustaining business model for open data, Krems: 20 to 21 May.
- Maximising interoperability — core vocabularies, location-aware data and more, Berlin: 25 to 26 November.
Based on the discussions and outcomes of the Share-PSI 2.0 Workshop series, the Network delivered the following Best Practices documents: Categorise openness of data ** Develop and Implement a Cross Agency Strategy ** Encourage crowdsourcing around PSI ** Dataset Criteria ** Establish an Open Data Ecosystem ** Develop a federation tool for open data portals ** Enable feedback channels for improving the quality of existing government data ** Standards for Geospatial Data ** Identify what you already publish ** Establish Open Government Portal for data sharing ** Publish overview of managed data ** Develop an Open Data Publication Plan ** Open Up Public Transport Data ** Enable quality assessment of open data ** Support Open Data Start Ups.